The trouble with birds is twofold: first, birds are everywhere, and second, these omnipresent creatures make terrible messes and destroy everything. If you’ve got bird problems, you’ve experienced these troubles firsthand. In areas where birds congregate, they leave behind nasty nesting materials and disgusting droppings that look and smell awful, harbor deadly diseases, corrode wires, ruin paint, clog gutters, destroy solar panels, and wreak all kinds of havoc. And, as if all those problems weren’t enough, the birds themselves have an extraordinary capacity to destroy; eating crops, breaking electrical wires are just a few examples of what birds will do if left uncontrolled. If you have birds congregating and nesting in and around your property, one thing’s for certain: you need something that repels birds effectively.
What You Need to Know about Getting Rid of Birds
Eliminating a bird problem requires a strategic combination of preventive measures and proven bird control products. Birds are clever creatures and you’ll find that many birds can outsmart you at every turn, learning to evade and avoid even the best bird deterrents and repellents. Since they’re so smart and since different species of birds can require different strategies, a tag-team approach of bird control solutions is the best way to ensure success. Ultimately, the goal of bird control is to create an atmosphere for the birds that is as unattractive, unpleasant, and undesirable as possible so they will leave and choose another area to nest, feed, and gather.
To create an inhospitable environment for birds, the following strategies are often tried:
- Eliminating food. If there’s nothing to eat, the birds won’t hang around. Close trash bins, clear away standing water, protect pet feeders, clean gutters, and, most of all, never, ever feed them.
- Eliminating water. Again, thirsty birds will go someplace else to find water.
- Clearing away their homes. Trimming trees and regularly removing any nests you find will discourage birds from setting up camp.
- Adding obstructions. Bird spikes and sticky gels will prevent birds from loafing in unwelcome locations.
- Blocking paths. Install netting around rafters, garden boxes, and solar panels, caulk all openings and use whatever tools you need to keep birds out of places where you don’t want them.
- Repelling them. It’s often not possible to physically prevent birds from entering as area or to eliminate everything that attracts them; in these cases, repellents are the answer.
The Value of Repellents
Bird repellents are an important component of creating an inhospitable environment for pest birds. Repellents are especially valuable in home gardens, commercial agricultural locations, and other large-scale areas where many of the above preventive measures are simply not practical or even possible. In these scenarios, sounds, lights, motion-sensors, and liquid bird repellents are quite often the solutions of choice. These repellents deter birds from entering your space and help maintain a bird-free zone.
Avian BlockTM: An Exciting Addition to Comprehensive Bird Control
Bird B Gone, Inc. a global leader in bird control products and solutions has developed Avian Block™, an exciting addition to their line of proven bird repellents.
What is Avian BlockTM?
Quick and easy Avian Block™ is a humane, non-lethal bird repellent that effectively keeps nuisance birds away from commercial, agricultural and residential properties. This product uses a bird aversion ingredient, Methyl Anthranilate (MA), to repel all types of birds, including pigeons, geese, woodpeckers, and grackles. It is available in two versatile formulations, pouch or block that can be hung in a variety of commercial and residential settings to repel birds.
How Does Avian BlockTM Work?
When hung from fences, trees, or other structures in bird-troubled areas, Avian Block™ encourages birds to leave the area. Avian Block™ uses passive scent technology to disperse Methyl Anthranilate (MA) into the air to effectively repel all birds from outdoor and semi-enclosed areas. MA is a naturally occurring, non-hazardous food-grade ingredient that is widely used in various industries to give products grape scent and flavor. In fact, MA is the same ingredient used to flavor things people eat like grape soda and bubblegum. In birds, however, this grape scent agitates the trigeminal nerve and acts like pepper spray, irritating the bird’s eyes, beak, and throat. MA is a non-toxic, EPA-approved substance that’s proven effective against all types of nuisance birds, including geese, and is completely safe for use around humans, pets, and other terrestrial animals. MA is also “Generally Regarded As Safe” by the US Food and Drug Administration and is rated “earth friendly.”
Avian Block™ takes seconds to hang and requires no special tools for installation. Simply hang the pouch or block to keep nuisance birds at bay. Avian Block™ is cost-effective, safe, easy to use, and will repel birds for up to 3 months depending on weather conditions.
Why Do You Need Avian BlockTM?
Avian Block TM is an ideal, non-lethal and non-toxic bird control solution and an excellent addition to any bird control strategy. It’s suitable for repelling birds from a variety of situations, including the following:
- Commercial/residential structures
- Residential gardens, porches, picnic and patio areas, under house eaves, and attic spaces
- Rafters, warehouses, walkway covers, industrial equipment, air conditioning units, and HVAC installations
- Parking facilities, outdoor restaurants, golf courses, stadiums, and parks
- Livestock, fence lines, agricultural equipment, and fruit and berry crops on trees, shrubs, or vines
- Any location that consistently deals with nuisance birds
- It can be used for both indoor and outdoor bird control
Avian Block TM effectively repels all species of birds, including pigeons, geese, starlings, black birds, woodpeckers, grackles, and gulls. It provides a number of benefits over other standard industry repellents.
- It’s easy to use. Simply hang the pouch in your desired location and walk away.
- It’s easy to maintain. Avian BlockTM pouches don’t need any attention from you once they’ve been put to work. Unlike other MA products that require weekly application, Avian Block TM does its job for up to 3 months, depending on the weather, with no maintenance from you. Once the pouches lose about a quarter to a third of their original volume, replace them with fresh product to keep the environment bird free.
- It’s safe. MA is a food-based product derived from concord grapes.
- It’s effective. Birds really don’t like MA and they’ll quickly learn to stay away.
Trust Bird B Gone and Avian BlockTM
Properly repel birds from your trees, personal property, gardens, and fruit crops by adding Avian Block TM to your bird control regimen today.
Bird B Gone is the manufacturer and distributor of the world’s best bird control products. Our wide range of products provide effective and humane solutions designed to achieve a bird-free environment. Our experts provide advice, training, and installation services for anyone needing help with bird control.