The occasional bird may not seem like a distraction to your business but add several nesting pigeons in your loading dock and now you have a problem. Not only are bird droppings constantly contaminating product shipments but your employees are now exposed to potential slip and fall hazards. Shipping products pallets contaminated with bird droppings can put your company reputation at risk. Letting a bird control problem fester increases the risk of exposing employees to harmful diseases. Bird droppings are known to carry over 60 known transmittable diseases.
Note: It is important to clean away nesting materials and droppings thoroughly before installation of products.
Birds Nesting in Loading Dock Canopy
The rafters, I-beams, supports and the ceiling of a loading dock provides ample protection from harsh weather conditions and predatory birds. This is precisely why pigeons and other birds find loading docks ideal for nesting. The most effective way to prevent birds from nesting in loading docks is to install bird control netting. Professionally installing bird netting will completely prevent birds from accessing the rafters and I-beams. Netting is truly the only option that will ensure a bird free environment.
Bird Netting for Loading Docks (Best Product to Use)
- Highly effective for All Bird Species
- Discrete and hard to notice when installed properly
- Protects product shipments from droppings
- Available in black, stone, and white color options
- Heavy Duty Bird Netting from Bird B Gone has 10-year product warranty
- Skill Level: professional installation is recommended
What Else Will Help Scare Birds Away from Loading Docks
In addition to netting, secondary deterrents can help keep birds out of the general area. Products such as Avian Block Bird Repellent Pouches irritate the bird’s senses to repel from the area. Harmless to humans, these pouches utilize grape seed extract to drive birds out. Sound and visual deterrents can be installed in addition to netting to scare birds away from the general area surrounding the property. These products trigger the bird’s instinct to flee when danger is detected.
Avian Block Bird Repellent Pouches
- Works on all bird species
- Aromatic bird repellent smell irritates birds’ mucous membrane
- Active ingredient Methyl Anthranilate (grape seed extract)
- Small pouches are discrete and hard to notice
- Perfect addition to bird netting
Bird Chase Super Sonic
- Plays prerecorded audible bird distress calls to scare birds away
- Predatory calls are cycled in to signal danger
- Covers up to 1 acre with built in speaker (can add up to 4 additional speakers)
- Requires 110-120v outlet for power
- A highly reflective spinning visual deterrent
- Silent wind powered
- Durable weatherproof design made from aluminum and plastic
- Easy to install
If you are unsure of which products to use for your loading dock, please give our Bird Control Experts a call at 1-800-392-6915. Our team of experts are ready to identify the problem and help find the best possible solution for your loading dock.