It can be particularly difficult to keep birds out of your garden, especially when you have a buffet of ripening fruits and vegetables. With the help of effective garden bird control products, you are sure to keep those pest birds at bay. Bird B Gone offers a range of solutions to choose from for your gardening.
Prepare Your Garden Before the Birds Show Up
Preventing a bird problem before it happens will always be easier than targeting a large flock of birds that been around for several seasons. Protect your garden before the birds show up, is the best way to say it. Choose from the following DIY garden bird deterrents.
Note: It is important to clean away nesting materials and droppings thoroughly before installation of products.
Best Bird Deterrent for Gardening
Using something as simple as garden netting will significantly decrease the amount of bird activity, as it prevents birds from being able to feed on the fruits and vegetables in your garden.
3/4" Garden Netting
- Best way to block birds from attacking fruits and vegetables
- Durable lightweight net allows plants to grow properly
- Create inexpensive framework to tent garden netting over plants
- Perfect for DIY garden netting
- 14’ x 100’ net can be cut to smaller sizes
Bird Repellents for Gardens
Liquid bird repellent sprays, such as Avian Control, can be sprayed directly on the plants to protect from pest birds. The active ingredient Methyl Anthranilate (MA) irritates birds when consumed. The birds learn to avoid the areas the spray has been applied to. It is recommended to pair liquid repellents with a secondary form of bird control such as a visual or sound deterrent.
Avian Control Liquid Spray
- Grape seed extract irritates bird’s mucous membrane
- Spray plants, fruits, vegetables with Avian Control
- Reapplication every few days is recommended
- suitable for use around humans, pets and terrestrial animals
Sound and Visual Deterrents for Gardens
Audio and visual bird deterrents and liquid bird repellents will help repel birds but there is no substitution to properly installed Garden Netting. Sound and visuals are designed to mimic predatory animals, scaring pest birds away from your garden area.
Bird Chase Super Sonic
- Scares birds away with audible recorded bird distress calls
- Programable for over 22 bird species to scare birds away from gardens
- Covers up to an acre in area
- Adjustable volume
- Life size hawk decoy scares small birds away
- Easily move hawk frequently to keep scaring birds
Holographic Flash Tape
- Highly reflective Mylar ribbon material
- Cut strips to hang from posts and shrubs
- Movement of Flash Tape scares bird from gardens
Scare Bird Garden Stakes
- Looks just like sunflowers
- Holographic sticker reflects light to scare small birds flying past gardens
- Place garden stakes around targeted plants
- Easy to use and move when needed
If you are unsure of which products to use for your garden, please give our Bird Control Experts a call at 1-800-392-6915. Our team of experts are ready to identify the problem and help find the best possible solution for your garden.