Discover how you can deter birds from nesting under the eaves of your home or building. Choose from a selection of professionally recommended bird control products for eaves.
Why Do Birds Nest Under the Eaves of Your Building?
Birds are attracted to eaves for several reasons. These areas provide protection from weather and predatory birds. This is mainly why you will find nests located in these common areas. Small birds such as sparrows will build nests on the supports, while swallows will build mud nests along the walls directly under the eave.
Migratory swallow species will return to the same location to nest year-after-year, multiplying in population. An unprotected house will simply invite more birds to nest.
Note: It is important to clean away nesting materials and droppings thoroughly before installation of products.
How to Deter Birds from Nesting Under Eaves:
If birds have previously nested or are currently attempting to nest in your eaves, the recommended solution is professionally installed bird netting. A professional installation of bird netting will humanely exclude birds from accessing the underside of the eave. Thus, forcing the bird population to relocate away from the property.
- 3/4" mesh excludes all birds; including pigeons, sparrows, swallows and more
- Low-profile when installed correctly, hardly noticeable
- Most effective solution, especially when multiple nesting birds are found
- The Swallow Shield can help block swallows and bats from building nests under eaves
- Made from clear plastic material, invisible from a distance
- This option is quick and easy to install
- Skill Level: DIY friendly
How to Deter Birds Perching Under Eaves (Non-Nesting)
If you do not have an existing problem with nesting birds, there are several alternative product recommendations that can help prevent bird activity. To prevent birds from perching, roosting, and sitting under the eaves on your property, you can utilize visual, sound, and smell based bird deterrent products. These products will help scare birds away from the underside of eaves. Visual and sound deterrents are best for deterring the occasional bird problem. If you are looking to fully bird proof the underside of your eaves, we would recommend the addition of bird netting.
- Avian Block is an aromatic bird repellent that irritates birds in its 10-ft diameter area
- Utilizes grape seed extract sent technology to repel birds from eaves
- Hang under your eaves to drive unwanted birds away!
- Has a pleasant grape aroma
- Long strips of flash tape can be hung under eaves to help scare birds
- Flash tape waves in the wind and reflects light
- DIY Friendly, easy to install and remove
- Silent wind powered, reflecting sunlight to scare birds
- Adjustable neck allows installation on sidewalls
- Can be screwed down to sidewalls under eaves
Birds nesting in the eaves of your home can cause several issues, such as the buildup of droppings which can lead to health hazards and the erosion of paint and structural material. Nests and debris can also clog gutters and downspouts, leading to water damage to the home.
When used correctly, our bird control methods can drastically reduce the bird activity in the eaves of your building. Properly identifying the bird activity will always improve the desired outcome. As a reminder, if birds are scene nesting in the eaves of your home always consider the use of bird netting. If there are no signs of nesting birds, you can then resort to less drastic measures such as visual, audio, and/or smell based bird repellents and deterrents.
Professional Bird Control Recommendations
If you are unsure of which products to use for your eaves, please give our Bird Control Experts a call at 1-800-392-6915. Our team of experts are ready to identify the problem and help find the best possible solution for your eaves.