The HVAC equipment and air handling units on your property should always be protected from pest birds. HVAC systems filter air into buildings, making them one of the most important parts of the structure to keep bird free. Bird, their droppings and nesting material carry over 60 known transmittable diseases such as E. coli. An unprotected air handling system will carry contaminated particles into the building putting those inside the building at risk.
Note: It is important to clean away nesting materials and droppings thoroughly before installation of products.
Birds Nesting on HVAC & AC Equipment
If birds are nesting on or under your HVAC units the best methods will be to install bird netting. This can be easily done by creating a lightweight skeleton around the HVAC unit with PVC pipe. Once the frame has been created you can now attach bird netting around the unit to prevent further nesting.
Bird Netting – 3/4" or 2” Mesh
- Stops birds from nesting on or under HVAC and AC units
- Create lightweight frame to support bird netting
- Best method to stop birds from nesting
- Professional installation is recommended (contact Bird B Gone for Authorized Installers)
Bird Deterrents for HVAC Systems (Non-Nesting Birds)
If birds are simply perching on top of the HVAC unit you can utilize bird deterrents such as bird spike, bird spider 360, and solar repellers which effectively prevent birds from landing on top of the system.
Stainless Steel Bird Spikes
- Stops pigeons and seagulls from perching on HVAC units
- Uses construction grade adhesive to glue down spike
- Available in 3”, 5”, and 8” wide spike
- 10-year warranty against manufacturer defects and U.V. breakdown
Bird Spider 360
- Available in 2-ft, 4-ft, 6-ft, and 8-ft diameter sizes for varying HVAC sizes
- Wire arms bounce and sway to protect areas from pigeons and seagulls
- Easy to install and highly effective
Bird Repellents for HVAC Systems
SpectrumV Holographic Bird Gel Dishes
- Easy to install with construction grade adhesive
- Great for Residential and Commercial installations
- Uses a combination of sight, sense and smell that repels birds
- Works for wide range of birds
If you are unsure of which products to use for your HVAC unit, please give our Bird Control Experts a call at 1-800-392-6915. Our team of experts are ready to identify the problem and help find the best possible solution for your HVAC system.