Learn how to protect your HVAC equipment from pest birds with our range of bird control products. We offer a selection of effective bird deterrents and repellents designed to keep your property bird-free and your HVAC system running smoothly.
Why Do Birds Nest and Perch on Your HVAC Equipment
It's no secret that AC and HVAC systems are prime targets for pest birds. After all, these systems provide a warm and sheltered spot for birds to rest and search for food and predators. And if there's enough space, you can bet those birds will make themselves at home and build their nests right underneath the air handling unit. This can cause all sorts of problems, from contaminated air entering the building to potential damage to the unit itself.
Protecting your HVAC equipment and air handling units from pest birds is crucial. These systems are responsible for filtering air into buildings, making them a vital component that must remain bird-free. Bird droppings and nesting materials can carry over 60 transmittable diseases, including E. coli. Without proper protection, these contaminants can enter the building through the HVAC system, posing a risk to those inside.
Note: It is important to clean away nesting materials and droppings thoroughly before installation of products.
Stop Birds Nesting Under Your HVAC System
Don't let pest birds nest under your HVAC system and cause potential damage or contaminated air. One of the best solutions is to install bird netting, which creates a barrier to prevent further nesting. This can easily be accomplished by creating a lightweight frame around the unit using PVC pipe and attaching the netting securely.
- Stops birds from nesting on or under HVAC and AC units
- Create lightweight frame to support bird netting
- Best method to stop birds from nesting
- Professional installation is recommended (contact Bird B Gone for Authorized Installers)
Stop Birds from Perching on Your HVAC System
Some people might only have the occasional pigeon perching or resting on top of their AC unit. For those who are experiencing this common issue, you won’t have to resort to as drastic a solution as netting. You have a few different options depending on your preference. Bird Spikes and Bird Spider 360 units are fantastic options for those who are looking for a permanent solution.
Our expert staff usually recommends our stainless steel bird spikes for air conditioning units because of their 10-year product warranty, which means you can set them and forget them.
- Stops pigeons and seagulls from perching on HVAC units
- Uses construction grade adhesive to glue down spike
- Available in 3”, 5”, and 8” wide spike
- 10-year warranty against manufacturer defects and U.V. breakdown
- Available in 2-ft, 4-ft, 6-ft, and 8-ft diameter sizes for varying HVAC sizes
- Wire arms bounce and sway to protect areas from pigeons and seagulls
- Easy to install and highly effective
For those who don’t want visible spikes on top of their ac unit, our SpectrumV Holographic Bird Gel dishes are a fantastic substitute. They’re less visible from the ground level. So, you or your service provider will have to replace them every couple of months, which might not be a big deal for most people.
- Easy to install with construction grade adhesive
- Great for Residential and Commercial installations
- Uses a combination of sight, sense and smell that repels birds
- Works for wide range of birds
One key takeaway is to take action as soon as you notice any form of bird activity around your air handling unit. Preventing birds from perching on top and nesting underneath your AC unit is crucial for not only the efficiency and longevity of the system itself but to protect those inside from potential health and safety hazards.
Need Expert Help?
If you are unsure of which products to use for your HVAC unit, please give our Bird Control Experts a call at 1-800-392-6915. Our team of experts are ready to identify the problem and help find the best possible solution for your HVAC system.