Searching for ideas on how to keep birds out of your pool can be a daunting task. To your luck, Bird B Gone has simplified this undertaking by listing out the most popular products designed to stop those pest birds from pooping in your pool. Although ducks are the most common culprit when it comes to contaminating your pool, you will find pigeons, black birds, sparrows and other small birds flocking to the area.
The most effective way to keep birds out of your pool will be to incorporate a multifaceted plan with one or more of the following bird control products. Although pool covers are surely an effective solution, they are expensive and a time consuming chore to deploy after each swim. For this reason, we have listed the following simple and easy to use product recommendations for your pool area. These products are made to create an uncomfortable environment for the pest birds on your property.
Note: It is important to clean away nesting materials and droppings thoroughly before installation of products.
Keep Birds Off Spill Over Spa
The ledge of your spill over spa creates a perfect landing zone for those pest birds to perch and drink from the flowing water. The main idea here is to eliminate the landing area on the ledge with one of the following bird deterrent products.
Bird Spider 360
- Bird Spider wire arms block birds from landing on the spa ledge to drink water
- Easily place the bird spider on the ledge using the optional Sand Bag Base
- Weatherproof design, wire arms swivel in the wind
- Available in 2-ft, 4-ft, 6-ft, and 8-ft diameter options
- Best for Pigeon sized birds
- Solar powered spinning bird deterrent
- Place on dry spa ledge, do not submerge Solar Repeller in water
- Retracting telescopic arms cover up to a 5-ft diameter area.
- Best for pigeon sized birds
Products that Keep Ducks Out of Pool
Ducks and other waterfowl will make their way into your pool. For these areas we recommend visual deterrent products that float in the water. The Scare Eye Balloon is an inflatable yellow balloon with predator eye decals printed directly on design. The yellow color and predator eye mimic predatory bird species, repelling ducks from swimming in the pool. Depending on the size of the pool, you may need to inflate multiple scare balloons.
Scare Eye Balloon
- Inflatable yellow scare balloon
- Float in the pool to stop ducks and other waterfowl
- Predator eye print will stop ducks from pooping in pool
- Made from weather resistant vinyl plastic material
- Inflates to approximately 18-in diameter
How to Keep Birds from Pooping on Pool Deck
Stopping birds from pooping on your pool deck requires products that deter birds from open spaces. Products that do this exceptionally well are bird repellents and sound deterrents. Bird Repellents make the area unpleasant for birds with the active ingredient methyl anthranilate (grape seed extract). These repellents smell like grapes to people but cause irritation to most bird species. Sound deterrents utilize prerecorded bird distress calls to scare birds away from wide open areas, perfect for the pool deck. Keep in mind these recordings are audible bird distress calls, they sound just like birds to people.
Avian Block Bird Repellent Pouches
- Works on all species of birds
- Uses passive aromatic sent technology to repel birds
- Hang pouches in and around the pool deck area to stop birds
- Each pouch covers an area of 10’ x 10’ x 10’ (1000 cubic feet)
- One pack includes 6 pouches
- Quickly and easily repel birds from pool deck
Bird Chase Super Sonic
- Scares birds with audible prerecorded bird distress calls
- Covers up to 1 acre with built in speaker
- Can add up to 4 additional speakers to cover larger areas
- Weatherproof design and 1 year product warranty
- Deters: Pigeons, crows, seagulls, woodpeckers, starlings, grackles, sparrows, geese
If you are unsure of which products to use for pool, please give our Bird Control Experts a call at 1-800-392-6915. Our team of experts are ready to identify the problem and help find the best possible solution for your pool.