The Benefits of Bird-Out™ as a Bird Repellent
NEW PRODUCT NOW AVAILABLE!
What are the Benefits of a Bird Repellent such as Bird-Out
If you’ve got birds plaguing your property, you know the war is real. You also know that you’ve got to be smart to defeat them; birds are clever adversaries and will effortlessly evade any and all half-hearted, ill-considered attempts to keep them at bay.
To win, you’ve got to bring your a-game. To win, you need the right tools to succeed.
In this blog, our experts cover the following topics:
- Why you should deter birds
- What is Bird-Out?
- How does Bird-Out work?
- List of species Bird-Out repels
- Where to install it
- How long does it last?
- Features and benefits of Bird-Out
- Ways to prevent birds from returning
The team at Bird G Gone is on your sides. We’ll help you create an atmosphere that is so unhospitable to birds that all your feathered foes will leave and choose to feed, nest, and gather somewhere else.
1) Why do the birds need to leave?
- They make a mess. They leave their droppings and their nesting materials everywhere.
- Their droppings are toxic. Bird droppings are reservoirs and vectors for bacteria, parasites, fungi, and other pathogens that can be transmitted to humans and other animals and cause serious illness.
- Their droppings are hazardous, unsightly, and caustic. Bird droppings are very slippery when wet, look terrible, and cause permanent damage to a wide variety of materials.
- Birds are destructive. They eat crops, chew up electrical wires, and destroy commercial equipment, just to name a few of the many problems they cause.
To be successful, bird control needs to be canny, careful, and consistent. Bird control does not need to be complicated. That’s why Bird-Out Aromatic Repellent is such a brilliant addition to Bird B Gone’s lineup of bird repellent products.
2) What is Bird-Out?
Bird-Out is an aromatic, humane bird repellent designed to keep nuisance birds away from commercial, agricultural, and residential properties. The active ingredient in Bird-Out is Methyl Anthranilate (MA), an ingredient extracted from grape seeds that is widely used in various industries to give products a grape scent and flavor.
- For example, MA is used to flavor things like grape soda and bubblegum.
3) How Does Bird-Out Work?
Bird-Out uses passive scent technology to disperse a 20% concentration of MA into the air that effectively repels birds from outdoor, semi-enclosed areas.
While people eat food with MA as an ingredient and find the scent reasonably pleasant, birds hate it. MA actually agitates their trigeminal nerve and, similar to pepper spray, irritates their eyes, beak, and throat.
- It’s a smell birds absolutely hate, repelling them from the area.
For this reason, MA is highly effective at repelling birds while humans, pets and other terrestrial animals notice nothing more than a pleasant grape smell.
4) Bird-Out repels the following bird species:
- Cliff swallows
- House finches
- American crows
- Mute swans
5) Where Do You Install Bird-Out?
Bird-Out works well in sheltered outdoor locations where birds like to roost.
Covered decks and balconies, patios, garages, tool sheds, barns, warehouses, building ledges, window sills, backyards, outdoor dining areas and other similar spaces are ideally suited for Bird-Out.
Bird-Out Aromatic Repellent Kit comes with a dispenser and a cartridge. Simply mount the dispenser onto a vertical surface using the provided adhesive mounting strip, standard, or drywall screws and pop in the cartridge.
- That’s all it takes to protect a 20 x 20 x 20-foot area from nuisance birds for up to 60 days.
Placement of Dispensers & Replacement Cartridges
Bird-Out dispensers should be placed every 20 feet in locations that have good air flow for optimal performance and coverage. Replacing the spent cartridge is equally as easy. Replacement cartridges come in single refills, and packs of 2 or 6 so you can always keep extras on hand to avoid gaps in protection.
6) How Long Does Bird-Out Last?
With Bird-Out in place, you might notice a subtle grape smell and you’ll certainly notice the absence of birds. It’s a cost-effective, easy-to-use repellent that keeps birds out of your space for two months with no maintenance. Bird-Out really is the easy way to keep birds away.
- Replace cartridges every 60-days
7) The Benefits of Bird-Out as a Bird Repellent
Aromatic Bird Repellents are an important element of every bird control program and Bird-Out is an excellent option. This outstanding repellent system provides users with the following benefits:
- Versatility. Bird-Out is ideal for use in outdoor areas such as residential, commercial and agricultural settings.
- Economy. The dispenser is reusable, cartridges are replaceable, and it doesn't need batteries.
- Simplicity. Using Bird-Out is as easy as lifting the dispenser cover and popping in a fresh cartridge once every couple of months. If you can keep an air freshener going in your home, you can maintain Bird-Out.
- Effectiveness. Bird-Out repels a wide range of pest birds.
- Humane. Repels birds with smell but does not harm them.
- Ease. The dispenser is simple to mount. Cartridge replacement takes seconds.
- Scalability. Increasing coverage is as simple as installing additional dispensers every 20 feet.
8) 4 Ways to Prevent Birds from Returning
- Eliminating the food and water. Birds won’t hang around if there’s nothing to eat or drink. Close your trash bins, clear away standing water, block bird access to pet feeders, and, most important never, ever feed the birds.
- Clearing away their homes. Trimming trees and removing unoccupied nests will discourage birds from moving in. If the nests are occupied, you’ll need to wait until the chicks have left home before cleaning and disinfecting the area.
- Adding obstructions. Bird B Gone sells a number of obstructions, including spikes and sticky gels, that prevent birds from roosting. Installing netting will block access to nesting locations.
- Repelling them. When physically preventing birds from entering an area or eliminating everything that might attract them isn’t feasible, which is often the case, repellants like Bird-Out are the answer.
Again, bird control isn’t complicated. The overall strategy is simple: eliminate the food and water, cleanup evidence of previous infestations, block access, and deploy repellents. If you’re unsure how to proceed or you have a particularly vexing problem, the folks at Bird B Gone are here to help. We’ll review your situation and help you draw up a battle plan devised to address your specific challenges. Have no fear; we know the enemy and we’re here to help.
Need Additional Information?
Bird B Gone is the manufacturer and distributor of the world’s finest, most innovative bird control products. Our wide range of humane products provide the solutions you need to achieve a bird-free environment. In addition, our Bird Control Experts are on hand to provide advice, training, and product support.
For information about our complete selection of bird control products, contact Bird B Gone at 1-800-392-6915, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website at www.birdbgone.com.