Most contractors know that the presence of pest birds can be a costly nuisance. Bird nests and droppings can damage AC units, windowsills and gaskets, ventilators, rain gutter systems, solar panels, security cameras, signage, lighting systems—the list goes on and on. In multi-unit residential and commercial buildings, bird droppings can create contamination problems in pools, spas and water features. Left to gather, bird droppings will “eat into” and damage metal, plastics, wood, even stonework.
Effective, Proven Solutions
Since contractors already have access to special tools and lift equipment, they can easily install bird deterrents on existing structures as retrofit projects. Bird B Gone products are specified by more government agencies, architects and engineers than any other bird control products in the industry. They are easy to specify using our CAD details in two formats—DWG and PDF (if you need the file in a different format, let us know). We also offer our 3-part specifications to drop into your project specs.
The bird controls most often recommended for the construction industry include:
- Polycarbonate Bird Spikes. Ideal for keeping pest birds off rooftops, parapet walls, signage, AC units and many other flat or curved surfaces, these UV-protected polycarbonate spiked strips come in two foot sections and three different splay widths. The base of each spiked strip is 1.5” wide and can be easily glued, screwed, or tied down to most surfaces.
- Bird Net 2000. Recommended for excluding pest birds from overhangs, courtyards, breezeways and other semi-enclosed areas, Bird Net 2000 netting creates a physical barrier that won’t allow birds to land or nest. The netting is easy to install using Bird B Gone’s complete line of professional grade installation hardware.
- Bird Slope. This physical bird deterrent blocks birds from landing or nesting in 90° areas, such as open ledges or eaves. Effective for deterring small and large birds, each sloped section is 4 feet long and will cover a ledge up to 7” wide. Extenders are available for wider ledges.
- Bird Jolt Flat Track. This low-profile, electric track system produces a harmless electric shock that “educates” pest birds to stay off parapet walls, signage and similar horizontal surfaces. Lightweight and flexible, the track is easy to install—it bends 360° without compromising its electrical integrity. It’s the only electric track bird deterrent system with patented anti-arcing and glue troughs designs for improved safety and performance.
- Bird Spider 360. Ideal for keeping large birds off parking lot lights, signs, skylights and electrical equipment (like AC units), Bird Spiders feature “arms” that bounce and sway in the wind, creating a visual distraction zone. Available in 4 different sizes with optional mounted bases for easy installation.
Backed by Expert Assistance
If you’re unsure about which product would work best for your specific situation, Bird B Gone has over 80 years of combined experience in the field of bird control. We can help you with product selection, installation and cleanup. Just call us at (888) 570-0360 for a catalog, pricing, or product samples or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also work with a network of authorized installers, call today for a trained bird control professional in your area.