Effective Bird Control for the Construction Industry
When pest birds flock to rooflines, ledges and parapet walls, their nests, debris and droppings can damage AC units, window sills and gaskets, ventilators, rain gutter systems, solar panels, security cameras, signage and lighting systems. In multi-unit residential high rises and attached projects, bird droppings can be a particular nuisance around pools and spas. Bird droppings can eat into and damage metal, plastics, wood, even stonework. So it’s not uncommon for today’s construction jobs to include bird control in their specifications, either on new construction or a building renovation. And since construction contractors already have access to special tools and lift equipment, they’re often asked to install bird deterrents on existing structures as retrofit items, a wise investment by property owners.
Why Specify Bird B Gone
Bird B Gone products are specified by more government agencies, architects and engineers than any other bird control products in the industry. They are easy to specify using our CAD details in two formats—DWG and PDF (if you need the file in a different format, let us know). We also offer our 3-part specifications to drop into your project specs.
Bird Controls to Match Your Need
Every bird problem is different. Bird B Gone can help you select the right bird deterrent based on the bird species, area where they are posing a problem, and whether or not the birds are nesting. Bird controls most often recommended for the construction industry include:
- Polycarbonate Bird Spikes. Ideal for keeping pest birds off rooftops, parapet walls, signage, AC units and many other flat or curved surfaces, these UV-protected polycarbonate spiked strips come in two foot sections and three different splay widths. The base of each spiked strip is 1.5” wide and can be easily glued, screwed, or tied down to most surfaces.
- Bird Jolt Flat Track. This low-profile, electric track system produces a harmless electric shock that “educates” pest birds to stay off parapet walls, signage and similar horizontal surfaces.Lightweight and flexible, the track is easy to install—it bends 360° without compromising its electrical integrity. It’s the only electric track bird deterrent system with patented anti-arcing and glue troughs designs for improved safety and performance.
- Bird Net 2000. Recommended for excluding pest birds from overhangs, courtyards, breezeways and other semi-enclosed areas, Bird Net 2000 netting creates a physical barrier that won’t allow birds to land or nest. The netting is easy to install using Bird B Gone’s complete line of professional grade installation hardware.
- Bird Slope. This physical bird deterrent blocks birds from landing or nesting in 90° areas, such as open ledges or eaves. Effective for deterring small and large birds, each sloped section is 4 feet long and will cover a ledge up to 7” wide. Extenders are available for wider ledges.
- Bird Spider 360. Ideal forkeeping large birds off parking lot lights, signs, skylights and electrical equipment (like AC units), Bird Spiders feature “arms” that bounce and sway in the wind, creating a visual distraction zone. Available in 4 different sizes with optional mounted bases for easy installation.
- Bird OFF Gel. Specially formulated for keeping pigeons and other large birds from roosting and congregating on specific flat areas, this oil-based bird repellent gel is nontoxic and won’t harm or trap birds.
If you’re unsure about which product would work best for your specific situation, Bird B Gone has over 80 years of combined experience in the field of bird control. We can help you with product selection, installation and cleanup. Just call us at (800) 392-6915 for a catalog, pricing, or product samples or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also work with a network of authorized installers, call today for a trained bird control professional in your area.